HNA Meeting Agenda for Nov 16th 2016Posted by hnaalb1 on Nov 1, 2016 in Events, Featured, General News, Neighborhood Notices | 0 comments
What: Public Neighborhood Meeting
When: Wednesday, November 16th 2016, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: Sage Campus Center, rm 224 – (parking lot off Academy Rd opposite Helderberg Ave)
7:00 Introductions & Housekeeping
* Board Members – Eric Huntington (Chair), Tom Rees (Vice Chair), Patricia Pierce (Treasurer), Sarah Shearer (Secretary), Edward Hitti (Outreach Director), Alyssa Lotmore (Communications Director)
* Committee Chairs – Bill Paton (Events)
Audience Members – Welcome! Please state your name and street (or organization)
7:05 Albany Police Dept, Neighborhood Engagement Unit Update / Q & A
* Officer Gordon McLean
7:15 Presentation and Q & A – Darius Shahinfar, Albany City Treasurer and CFO
Darius will give a short presentation and answer your questions about property taxes, economic development, the IDA and its role in economic development, city financial situation and the budget, as well as parking tickets. You can send in your questions for Darius ahead of the meeting, by: emailing them to HNA@HNAalbany.com or you can text them to 6625981462, or you can leave them by voicemail at (662) 598-1462. Please do so by Veteran’s Day (Nov 11th) so Darius has time to research answers.
7:40 HNA Board Business
* Updates from the Chair – (Eric)
* Board Re-Elections at January 2017 meeting – Open Seats for 2017: Vice President & Communications Director – See responsibilities on back of agenda. Experience with Constant Contact (HNA Reporter) a BIG plus!
* New Scotland Ave Businesses (Eddie)
* HNA Reporter Business Advertising – Deadline is Nov 23rd, publish on Dec 2nd (Tom)
* Treasurer report & Membership Report (Patty)
7:50 Membership & Audience / Announcements & Concerns
* All announcements & concerns from audience
8:10 Albany Common Council Update / Q & A
* Hon. Judy Doesschate (Ward 9) and Hon. Catherine Fahey (Ward 7)
8:20 Albany County Legislator Update / Q & A
* Lynne Lekakis
8:25 Meeting Wrap-up
* Action Item and Decision Review
* Reminder: Board Elections at January Meeting – we have 2 open seats
* Next Meeting: January 18th, 2017
——————— Page 2 ————————
Nominations may be made in writing by any member in good standing (email HNA@HNAalbany.com – US post: Address is HNA PO Box 8841 Albany, NY 12208) or verbally to any current member of the Board prior to January 1st 2017. Candidates announced on January 4th meeting agenda. Vote by members in good standing is on January 18th.
Communications Director responsibilities:
* Respond to members’ inquiries on email / voicemail / text / Facebook
* Assist with the development and maintenance of the Association’s social media presence – this includes our website, FaceBook, Nextdoor
* Forwarding and sharing information received by the HNA that is relevant to the neighborhood through all our communication channels
* Produce and distribute Association’s publications as needed (Note: We use Constant Contact to produce the HNA Reporter)
* Assist with the organization of the Association’s meetings,including the recruitment of guest speakers;
* Attend board, membership and special event planning meetings, if practicable.
Vice Chair responsibilities:
* Perform the duties of the Chair in the event that the Chair is unavailable;
* Work closely with the Board to develop the Association’s policies, work plan, initiatives and meeting agendas.
* Attend board, membership and special event planning meetings, when practicable.
Helderberg Neighborhood Association
Celebrating 20 years 1996 – 2016
Like “Helderberg Neighborhood Association” on Facebook