HNA Meeting Agenda for 3/15/17 7 pm Sage Campus Center rm 224Posted by hnaalb1 on Mar 2, 2017 in Featured, General News, Neighborhood Notices | 0 comments
Here is the Helderberg Neighborhood meeting agenda for 3/15.
What: Public Neighborhood Meeting
When: Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: Sage Campus Center, rm 224 – (parking lot off Academy Rd opposite Helderberg Ave)
7:00 Introductions & Housekeeping
* Board Members – Eric Huntington (Chair), Sara Shearer (Vice Chair), Patricia Pierce (Treasurer), Edward Hitti (Outreach Director), Matt Tulio (Communications Director)
* Audience Members – Welcome! Please state your name and street (or organization)
7:05 Albany Police Dept, Neighborhood Engagement Unit Update / Q & A
* Officer Gordon McLean
7:15 New Scotland Ave Crosswalks & Traffic Deputy Chief Robert Sears, APD
* Several neighbors have raised issues of problems with traffic flow and long waits at crosswalk signals on New Scotland Ave. If you have encountered a traffic or crosswalk issue, your attendance would be helpful in the gathering of information to act upon. We will discuss actions that have been taken and will be taken to help alleviate these issues.
7:40 Presentation / Q & A – Exec Dir, Scott Jarzombek, Albany Public Library
* Scott will present Albany Public Library’s 2016 Community Report highlighting accomplishments of the year, and he will provide new, developing services, programs and budget information.
7:50 HNA Board Business
* Updates from the Chair – (Eric)
* Movie Night Planning Underway! Shows in Helderberg in August & September – Volunteers always welcome
* THANK YOU to sponsors Rob Field State Farm and St. Peters. Please thank them, too!
* And winners of the Movie Night poll are… (Matt)
* Annual Neighborhood Plant Swap on April 29th 9 – 10 am 51 Lawnridge Ave (use Helderberg Ave entrance)
* Spring Cleanup of Pinewood Ave Rain Garden & Ongoing Care for 2017 (Eric)
* HNA Reporter Advertising – Deadline is March 22nd, publish on March 31st (Eddie)
* Treasurer report & Membership Report (Patty)
8:00 Membership & Audience / Announcements & Concerns
* All announcements & concerns from audience
8:15 Albany Common Council Update / Q & A
* Hon. Judy Doesschate (Ward 9) and Hon. Catherine Fahey (Ward 7)
8:25 Albany County Legislator Update / Q & A
* Lynne Lekakis
8:30 Meeting Wrap-up
* Suggestions for Speaker for Next Meeting? Any other meeting feedback?
* Next Meeting: May 17th, 2017
Thank you, and hope to see you there!